Work Permit for foreign professionals


Q1What are the main applicable regulations for foreigners engaged in professional work in Taiwan? What are the main differences between these two categories?
A1Foreign professionals working in Taiwan shall be covered by “The Employment Service Act” and “The Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals”. (The work mentioned in Article 46.1.1 to 46.1.6 of the Employment Services Act refers to the following work : Specialized or technical work, the Director or Manager of Business Invested by Overseas Compatriots or Foreigners, Full-time Foreign Teacher in Short-term Supplementary Learning Centers, Sports Coach and Athlete, Arts and Performing Arts).
The Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals is a specific regulation for foreign professionals who work in Taiwan. The main provision relates to work permits for foreign special professionals; in addition, the regulation for short-term supplementary learning centers stipulates that they are allowed to hire foreigners when specialized knowledge or techniques are required, and allows foreigners to apply for a work permit by themselves to engage in artistic work.

開啟選單 關閉選單